Jet Park believes that environmental sustainability is the responsibility of every individual, business and organisation.
Ensuring the environmental health of our country and our planet for future generations is something we take very seriously. For over seven years, we have been proud to hold Qualmark Enviro-GOLD rating, meeting high levels of environmental and social responsibility.
Care for our environment means constant monitoring and improvements where they can be made. Together you, our valued guests, along with staff and hotel owners can make a difference to the future preservation of our beautiful environment for future generations to enjoy.
Some of our Responsible Tourism Initiatives include:
- Removal of plastic water bottles in guest rooms
- Removal of plastic straws, in-room plastic bin liners, and plastic jam containers in Te Maroro Restaurant
- Installation of an electric vehicle charger-EV plugs available for both T1 & T2 charging
- Low-energy use eco-bulbs installed where possible, approximately 90% of hotel
- Installation of a solar panel farm providing energy for heating water for the entire North wing to reduce gas consumption
- Lights in all guest rooms turn off when guest exits room because swipe card is used to turn lights on/off
- Glass, plastic and cardboard is collected in multi-cycle bins and picked up by appropriate recycling company
- Flow restrictors installed in showers and basins on all South and Cullinan wing to reduce both gas and water usage
- Investment in redevelopment and regeneration of wetland area, and planting of native species in grounds
- Read about our latest Sustainability news here >
New developments in environmental sustainability will emerge and will be incorporated into the Jet Park program. As guests, your contribution with new ideas is not only welcome, they are actively solicited and your participation in sustainable practices equally encouraged:
- Energy saving by turning off appliances when away from your rooms
- Rubbish and recycling options
Jet Park Hotels are proud to be a supporter of New Zealand Tourism Sustainability Commitment.
We are also pleased and privileged to support our community we live in. Read more about our charities of choice.